Two day Splicing Workshop with Dan Dass on Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th February 2016 at TREEKIT
As part of our workshop schedule this year we are offering an exciting, one off, applied splicing weekend with Dan Dass (@theknottyboy), the head splicer from TreeGear Australia and founder of ReeCoil Full Reach Lanyard.
Dan will be running a ram packed splicing program covering a broad variety of applied splicing techniques. The weekend is open to both; those new to splicing and those who have been splicing for a while but who may want to learn some new techniques and approaches.
Day 1: Double Braid Splicing:
- Rope ID (fibres, strands, carriers etc)
- Inspecting Splices
- Overview of various rope break test results (what makes a difference)
- 24st Double Braid Splicing (11.7mm Yale)
- 32st Double Braid Splice, 10mm Ocean Polyester
Day 2: High Mod Splicing:
- Intro to UHMWPE fibres
- What to know before building High Mod rope tools
- 12st High Mod Hollow Braid Splicing (Micro Frog SRT kit from Dyneema)
- High Mod Double Braid Splicing (Beeline 8mm Eye to Eye)
- Demo – Class 2 Eye Splice (cover bury)
Attendees should bring splicing equipment with them on the day if they have it; however complete splicing kits will be available to purchase if required (10% off for Attendees).
£199 ex.VAT – including lunch on both days and rope pack worth over £50.
Book online now or give us a call on 01202 573 575. See you there!